Active Rest with Maedée Dupres
Experience a guided Active Rest session with Maedée. Click to download.
(Be sure to download the link instead of watching it on Hightail.)
Alexander Technique Practitioner:
Maedée Duprès, M.AmSAT
I have been teaching Alexander Technique since my certification from AmSAT in 1993.
Purchase a 45 minute private Alexander Technique session ($80)
What is the Alexander Technique?
The Alexander Technique is an educational method used worldwide for over 100 years. By teaching how to change faulty postural habits, it enables improved mobility, posture, performance and alertness along with relief of chronic stiffness, tension and stress.
By taking lessons you will have the tools to move freely and openly, thinking clearly about the dynamic balance of the body. This work is taught through private sessions and uses the hands-on contact for guidance of the whole body coordination while moving simply.
Why do people study the Alexander Technique?
- People study the Technique for a variety of reasons. The most common is to relieve pain through learning better coordination of the musculoskeletal system.
- Another reason people take lessons in the AT is to enhance performance.
- Athletes, singers, dancers and musicians use the Technique to improve breathing, vocal production and speed and accuracy of movement.
- Most of us have many habitual patterns of tension, learned both consciously and unconsciously. These patterns can be unlearned, enabling the possibility of new choices in posture, movement and reaction.
- During lessons you’ll develop awareness of habits that interfere with your natural coordination. You’ll learn how to undo these patterns and develop the ability to consciously redirect your whole self into an optimal state of being and functioning. Through direct experience, you’ll learn how to go about your daily activities with increasingly greater ease and less effort.
How much do lessons cost?
A 45 minute session is $80.
To schedule a private lesson in the Alexander Technique contact Maedée at 720.475.0117.
The Colorado Society for the Alexander Technique offers intro workshop once a month. Click the logo for more information. Learn more about AmSAT.